Steve’s summary of NCS’s coverage of 24
I have been a fan of 24 since season one hour one and To Live Another Day lived up to my expectations. I appreciate Fox for bringing the series back even though if only for a brief time. To Live Another Day is not about Jack’s life but for the lives of those he cared about to Live Another Day. Perhaps we will never know what happens to Jack but what we do know he is our American hero.
Thank you to everyone who is listened to our coverage of 24 Jack Is Back and we hope you will come back to modernlife.network to participate in the many other shows we have to offer.
Special thanks to Colleen and Debbie as if not for you, there would have not been a 24 podcast.
Hour 10 PM to 11 AM Timeline
- Audrey under the sight of the sniper finds her friend still alive. When trying to assist, Cheng puts another bullet into her friend.
- Jack finds from a communication device from the dead Russian now knows about the Freight ship and Audrey is seen under a threat with the sniper.
- Cheng calls Jack stating “Stop tracking me or she (Audrey) dies”. Mark says we can’t go after Cheng that commits Audrey to death….. She loves you.
- President Heller arrives at the CIA command center as his staff sets up for war with China.
- Chloe walks down the road from where she escaped from Cheng, borrows a phone to call Jack. She explains Adrian was lying to her. Chloe want to help Jack with communications to “Make things right”.
- President Heller talks with the Chinese President to convince him to retreat, but he will not. President Heller will fight if the Chinese comes within the 12 mile radius.
- Cheng boards the freight ship for his escape.
- Kate’s mission to rescue Audrey from the sniper. As she surveys the situation she has Audrey make a sudden move to detect the snipers location.
- Jack and his sidekick, Belcheck, with Chloe providing communications coverage board the freighter looking for Cheng.
- Cheng now knows Jack is on board and orders the hit on Audrey and also has communications shut down which cause Chloe and Jack to be electronically blind.
- Kate makes an attempt to rescue Audrey and is successful for a moment. A second Cheng member drives by shooting and killing Audrey.
- Jack hears the news of Audrey and goes on a raging killing spree to get to Cheng.
- The Chinese military reaches the 12 mile limitation established by President Heller.
- Jack and Cheng have a struggle and Jack prevails. Jack shows Cheng to the Military capturing his facial and voice for positive identification.
- Jack cuts off Cheng’s head for Audrey.
- The Chinese withdraw their attack.
- President Heller finds out about Audrey’s death.
12 Hours Later
- Kate resigns – The Loss of Audrey
- Mark is arrested for treason.
- President Heller and the Prime Minister talk before Air Force One’s departure
- President Heller talks of the picture on his desk and the memories of what he had and what he will never remember.
- Chloe has been captured by the Russians and want an exchange for Jack.
- Jack and his sidekick meet the Russians for the exchange. Chloe and Jack have a brief discussion. “It’s time for you to go home Chloe. You were right about being my best friend” (The smirk on Jack’s face as it gives himself up)
- We just want you Mr. Bauer, that’s all we ever wanted say the Russians. I won’t say you are going to enjoy Moscow, but you’re not.
- Jack is taken away in a helicopter………..
1. Overall impression of the series
2. Who was your favorite character?
3. Who was the most evil villain?
4. What ever happen to the control device?
5. Will 24 return?
24 Jack Is Back Free Show Subscriptionsecho do_shortcode('[saf stitcher="http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/netcast-studio/24-jack-is-back?refid=stpr" itunes="https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/24-jack-is-back/id859374724&mt=2&ls=1" podcastrss="https://modernlife.network/podcasts/24/liveanotherday.xml"]'); ?>