City Prints make fine art map prints of university campuses, world cities, sports stadiums and more! We are joined by Tony and Tim Rodono of City Prints as they talk about maps as artwork, and how they turned City Prints into a successful business.
A little on sports artwork tonight on The Tech of Sports as I am joined by Tony and Tim Rodono of City Prints, LLC.
It all started as a traffic counting business while studying at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Traffic counting was as dull as it sounds – Tony sat at intersections and pushed a button for each car that passed in front of me. It was great money, but mind numbingly boring. The only part he actually enjoyed was doing a sketch of each intersection I counted. Now it has evolved into City Prints make fine art map prints of university campuses, world cities, sports stadiums and more!
1. What is your background – Artist or Mapmaker?
2. What was your inspiration?
3. How did it evolve into sports?
4. Customized pieces/ How do you get such detail?
5. What are your most popular pieces?
6. How do you market your product?
7. What feedback are you receiving from customers?
For more information visit City Prints