Today we are talking about Finding Your happiness. It is really common and quite easy to ask someone, “Are you happy?”. We usually respond, “Yes, of course I’m happy. I have a happy life.” But what if we really stop and think about our lives, in the moment? We are all so busy and moving so fast, we really don’t take the time to think about the things we do, if they make us happy, and if we really want to be doing them. We are going to talk about using tools to find our happiness, and focusing on it to better our lives.
This company has a valuable website that provides online courses to analyze your happiness, inspirational challenges to search for happiness in your daily life, and discussion groups to participate in on a variety of topics. They also have facebook and Instagram accounts that bring so much happiness to social media feeds.
- About half of our happiness level is controllable.
- A happy life is different from a meaningful life.
- Quality relationships make us happier.
- Happy people are more successful.
- You can increase your happiness by:
a. Savoring experiences
b. Volunteering with meaningful activities
c. Finding a more optimistic point of view
d. Practicing gratitude
1. Being aware of physical and emotional triggers.
2. Being aware of reactions.
3. Dressing up.
4. Following a ritual.
5. Smiling more.
6. Talking to somebody who loves you.
7. Being kinder.
8. Making that decision.
9. Starting somewhere.
10. Breaking the negative thought pattern.
11. Remembering that everyone is only human, and that includes yourself.
Track Your Happiness App
The description for this app states: Track Your Happiness is a scientific research project that investigates what makes life worth living by asking random questions throughout the day.
Using this app, you can able to track your happiness and find out what factors — for you personally — are associated with greater happiness. You’ll also contribute to the scientific understanding of happiness.
- Started in the middle of February
- Asked about 2-4 times daily (random times)
- questions/details vary (some multiple choice, some open ended)
- Results tabulated after a few entries
- I’m happiest when I’m at home and in the mornings
- I’m more stressed when I work independently vs. when I work in a group
- I’m happier when I’m with someone for work or leisure
- I often feel more happiness and have a positive response after I’ve just worked out within 24 hours
- My favorite question is if you could jump to the end of what you’re doing without any consequence, would you. I answered no 70% of the time (I wonder what we would all think if we stopped during each activity and asked that question)
We asked some of our friends on facebook. Where do you find your happiness? And how do you find it during the really tough times?
- Friendships (asking for support, encouragement, perspective)
- Disconnecting (alone time OR being present)
What makes me happy? My family makes me happy but they are not my complete soul. I have to believe in myself and like myself just as much. We sometimes need to learn that our well being is important to our confidence. What does it take to make you happy? Family, friends, good career, your appearance?
I also tried the happiness app per Anaya’s recommendation:
- I am happiest at home or at a restaurant least happy at work
- My happiest moment was when i was doing nothing in particular
- I was mostly 60-70 percent productive…that is funny but probably true
- I was moderately focused
- I was happiest at housekeeping tasks which i find funny since i really hate to clean certain parts of the house!
- Most of my day is spent on a computer and i like individual work over group work but not true at home with household chores
Some ways to find happiness:
Get rid of jealousy
Don’t rely on others to make you happy
Be genuinely happy for others
Change what you can and do something about that
Surround yourself with happy people who are content with their lives
Don’t hold grudges
I guess for true happiness it begins from within when you love yourself and share that happiness with others. Realize that life can be tough, but if you embrace that reality and try the best you can you will always have faith in yourself. You can handle whatever is thrown your way and whether you feel like smiling or not, DO IT ANYWAY!!! A smile goes a long way in how your day starts and ends. Happiness is a choice!
Other Websites We Found
These are a few websites that we found that provide ways to find your happiness and some inspirational quotes about happiness that you can share with friends and family on social media.