This week Nicholas is back and Clint Boulton from Eweek.com joins us to talk about SOPA, Google’s earnings call, CES phones and tablets, Clint’s Android prediction, Google Maps Google+ Game coming soon and more!
Clint Boulton is a senior writer for Eweek.com and editor of the blog Google Watch and has spent the last 12 years covering technology. Currently, he covers all things Google other Internet technologies. Special interests include reviewing mobile gadgets, and he can’t wait for Google Wallet to come to more mobile phones!
- Google+: 90 million users; over 60 percent engage daily and over 80 percent engage weekly.
- 700K Android handsets activated daily (we’ve already heard these numbers)
- 250 million Android devices in total (new)
- GMail: now has more than 350 million active users
2. SOPA – 4.5 M sign Google Petition – Google Slows Crawler
The Stop Online Piracy Act has gotten many internet companies extremely upset and thousands of sites went black in protest.
3. CES Google Related Products Released
Many Android phones and tablets were announced this year at the Consumer Electronics Show. A couple of the top phones were the Droid RAZR MAXX and Droid 4.
4. Clint – CES 2013 Android Prediction
6. Google Doodle Student Competition
Know a good artist? Get them to register for the Doodle 4 Google competition! Google.com/Doodle4Google