Instagram’s Stand Alone Video App – IGTV
If you missed the news, Instagram has releases their own stand alone video app for content creators – IGTV. The new long-form video app allows users to create upwards of 60 minute high quality videos, complimenting the app with visual graphics, picture overlays, emoji features, and much more. IGTV is positioned to compete with SnapChat and YouTube.
- IGTV was quietly rolled out last week with very little fanfare but quickly gained traction
- Instagram is creating its own destination for those consuming video content
- Long-form video is perfect as they look to build upon the success of Instagram Stories
- Be sure to update your app to receive the IGTV button
Facebook Marketplace Experience
Steve had a Harley. Steve needed to sell his Harley. So, Steve went to Facebook Marketplace. The Marketplace is a feature of Facebook that is often used , but it is not reported about very often. We’ve read the success stories of individuals selling home furnishings, vehicles, golf clubs, recreational gear, and more. Steve shares his successful story of using the Marketplace.
AT&T Privacy Update After Time Warner Acquisition
- They disclosure how certain information is used or shared outside AT&T companies
- You can visit att.com/yourchoices to see how certain information is shared
AT&T Picks Up AppNexus – A Digital Advertising Company
In continuing the conversation with AT&T and their positioning as a new telcomm giant, they have acquired AppNexus. AppNexus, well known if the industry, is a leading global advertising marketplace technology company. With now having control of TNT, CNN, TBS, and much more, this purchase allows AT&T to target users and opens up opportunity for growth and profit.
- The deal is essential a push to compete in ad space with Google, Facebook, Verizon
- AT&T can expand globally into Asia-Pacific, Australia, Europe, and Latin America
- Advertising, analytics, data collection, data processing is the future for AT&T
- This opens the door for them to push their content in various forms to users
13th Annual Podcast Awards
It’s always fun to jump into an awards competition! The longest running podcast related awards event is onto its 13th year. The Podcast Awards is an excellent way to vote for your favorite podcasts, spread the word about podcasts you love, and even find a new podcast to subscribe to. Starting July 1, nominations are open and The Waves of Tech is proud to be part of the process again this year.
Resources & Links