The world of social media and digital tools marches forward and with every new initiative marketers are challenged with the decision of what delicacy to taste and what should be discarded from their plate. Herein lies the challenge with marketing – we all have limitations on our budgets so when dollars are allocated for something, then something old needs to take a back seat.
Today’s Social Solutions Show is all about choices and latest introductions with a skeptical eye toward the future of marketing. Here are some common trends that are emerging to help you decide how and where to spend your money:
- Marketers are planning to spend more on Google, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon and Spotify while pulling back or eliminating ad spend on Snapchat and Twitter.
- The fashion and beauty industry continues to amp up their efforts on Instagram and Pinterest while continuing to experiment with Snapchat
- Chat bots are becoming the norm and particularly effective for restaurants allowing for conversational ordering.
- Six second bumper ads work on YouTube and other platforms but only if you break your 15 or second spots down to distinct single-message sound bites.
- Google Display Network just rolled out this week bringing information about local advertisers to a new ad format. The next time you’re reading a cooking blog, you may see an ad pop up for the local bakery including location, hours of operation, directions and even photos.