Michael B. Christy is a retired Lt. Colonel in the U.S. Army, a documentary filmmaker, and a magazine writer. He joined the U.S. Marine Corps after high school, joined the U.S. Army as a 2nd Lieutenant and retired in 1984. Following his retirement, he became a producer and writer of documentaries for cable networks such as A&E and The History Channel. He was co-creator and executive producer of Mysteries of the Bible on A&E. He also owned and operated his own production company, producing nearly 50 training, motivational and information films and video for all branches of the military, including Combat Leadership, hosted by Lee Marvin. Michael has authored three articles for Vietnam magazine in the past two years. He is a lifetime member of Together We Served and says he loves the site not only because it provides the chance to locate some of his old buddies from the service, but also because he’s met a number of new friends through the organization.
- Purpose of Together We Served
- Keeping Veterans “in the loop”
- Not just about locating individuals but reading life’s stories
- The closeness of Military members
- Future of the site
- The historical record aspect
- Veterans affairs and the return military members
- The advantage of today’s technology.
- Brian Foster, Founder Together We Served
- To learn more about Michael’s service in the military and his experiences with TWS.
- Michael’s Huffington Post article on Together We Served.
- Veterans Reunite 44 Years After Explosion in Vietnam
- Aging veterans build online honor roll of fallen comrades
- Veterans work to honor fallen soldiers “lost in the mist of history”
- Together We Served video
- Together We Served main page
- Families can search for fallen relatives at www.rollofhonor.togetherweserved.com. Those wishing to post additional information, photos or obtain custody of an existing Memorial Page should contact [email protected]