In this edition of Tehachapi Mountain Voice we cover Overeaters Anonymous, the Chilly Dip, Native Plant Sale, Family Life Pregnancy Center’s mobile unit and California water conservation.
Events and Information
This edition is brought to you by Announce Solutions. Enterprise Information Technology for all your business needs.
1. Daylight saving time Sunday March 9th. Be sure and set the clock forward one hour.
2. Overeaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 6:30 pm at the Good Shepherd Lutheran Church contact Liz for more details at 821-0960
3. Stallion Springs is having their 4th annual chilly dip Saturday March 8th at 11:30 am at the Stallion Springs community pool.
4. Family life pregnancy center launches mobile unit and will be in Cal City the second and fourth Tuesday of every month from 10 am to 3 pm.
5. Run with the Wind – May 31, 2014 – Registration March 2 through May 9 Cost $35.00
6. Tee Ball Registration closes on March 10th. Ages 4-7 can play! Registration available online at tvrpd.org.
7. New exhibits at the Tehachapi Museum, No spoilers so visit the museum.. Hours are Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays Noon to 4PM
8. Kern County Regional Occupational Program offering free Computer classes in Mojave starting Tuesday, April 8th. Contact KCROP at 824-9313 for more information.
9. Water conservation – The California drought has become and will continue to be a serious problem. As Spring approaches, be conscious of our predicament.
10. Desert Mountain Resource Conservation & Development Council Annual Native Plant Sale for Tehachapi is going on now. These are hard to find, water efficient, California and Southwest native plants. For more information see Desert Mountain Resource Conservation.
11. Chamber mixer March 12th 5-7 PM at Expert Estate Sales 151 N. Mill St Suite A
Do you have a community event or message you’d like to disseminate? You can submit the information at modernlife.network/voice